Your commercial roof plays an integral role in the protection and day-to-day functioning of your business. When it comes to investing in a new commercial roof for your Bradenton property you have a lot of options. Let’s talk about why TPO might be the right choice for you!
How To Choose the Right Commercial Roof
When choosing a roof for your commercial property there are a variety of factors you’ll want to consider:
- Budget: By far the most pressing concern for most commercial property owners is determining a budget and finding a roofing solution that fits.
- Climate: When choosing your commercial roof you’ll want to find a roofing system that is well suited to the Bradenton climate and can withstand the weather patterns common to the area.
- Type of Business: It may seem obvious, but the business or businesses that are housed in your building will impact the roofing system you choose. An industrial complex or manufacturing plant will likely need a different roofing system than a retail building or multi-family property.
- Environmental Impact: Different commercial roofing systems have a higher or lower carbon footprint and environmentally conscious business owners will want to take this into consideration when making their decision.
- Energy Efficiency: To go along with budget the energy efficiency of your roofing system will be an important consideration. Carefully consider your heating and cooling needs and the way your roof will impact these.
What is a TPO Roof?
TPO stands for thermoplastic polyolefin which is made mainly from recycled rubber. This inexpensive rubber roofing material is sold in rolls that are applied to the roof and heat sealed at the seams.
Benefits of TPO Roofs for Commercial Properties in Bradenton
TPO roofs come packed with multiple benefits for commercial property owners in Bradenton who are looking for the perfect solution for their business.
TPO membranes are a highly durable commercial roofing system with excellent longevity. They’re designed to withstand long-term exposure to the harsh ultraviolet rays of the sun making them ideal for the Bradenton climate. They are also very resistant to puncturing, tearing, and water damage.
TPO roofs are a highly cost-effective roofing solution for commercial property owners. Compared to many other low-slope roofing options, TPO membranes are a relatively inexpensive solution making them an excellent choice for budget-conscious clients.
TPO membranes do an excellent job reflecting the sun’s heat which makes them a very energy-efficient roofing solution. TPO roofs that are light-colored are particularly effective at this. This energy-efficiency can help save your business money in heating and cooling costs over the long-run.
TPO is a flexible material which makes it a great choice for a variety of commercial roofing applications. The flexibility of the material means that it can withstand movement and settling at different temperatures and in multiple applications.
Ease of Installation
TPO roofs are very easy and fast to install which is a major benefit to commercial property owners. Every day of business lost is money lost and a new roof often means that the business will need to shut down temporarily. Because TPO is easy and fast to install it cuts down on disruptions to business.
TPO roofing is 100% recyclable and each old TPO roof can be recycled to make a brand new TPO roof when it reaches the end of its life. Additionally, TPO roofing doesn’t contain chlorine or any ingredients that contain chlorine which makes it a more environmentally friendly option than some of its counterparts.
Are There Any Drawbacks to TPO Roofing?
Like anything, there are some drawbacks to TPO roofing. The main drawback to TPO is that it’s a relatively new roofing material which means that it doesn’t have a proven track record. While testing and development shows that this roofing should last a long time data is still coming out about real world longevity. Additionally, different developers use different designs and formulas which can make quality inconsistent across brands.
If you’re in the market for a new commercial roof in Bradenton a TPO roof might be just what you’re looking for! Contact Roofs for Life, today, to discuss this excellent solution and see what we can do for you!